"Des Artisans Cuisiners au service d'une alimentation saine"
World-Toques: who are we?
The Defence of World Culinary Heritage: an objective for a way of life
Never has an association such as World-Toques been as legitimate or necessary as is today.
Who are we?
World-Toques(WT) the Union of certified World-Toques star-restaurants and certified World-Toques star-cooks, more than 700 world star-chefs over the world. Created in 2006 around several "great names" visionaires who were already aware of the risks of food abuses. It is now an world representative group chaired by the Masterchef Ernst-Ulrich W. Schassberger.
The world head office coordinates all world countries. WT is a lobby to promote best food issues and quality products regulated by world and continental institutions. All the certified star-chefs and certified restaurants adhere to a code of honor (voluntary code) by which they are committed to promote the quality and culinary traditions of each country and regions of world.
The guidelines organisation govern its decision-making bodies and structures of work.
- Quality: The defence of sustainable fishing of fresh produce
- Biotechnology (GMOs(Genetically Modified Organisms)/thr promotion of
organic and traditional production methods of specific regional origin as an
access to quality products)
- Consumer information: labelling and restaurant
- Haccp (administrative flexibility)
- Traditionally made foie gras threatened by world Union
- Taking part in Communication, information and safeguarding of world
What do we want?
We want to be recognized as a responsible actor by the World Institutions:
- To protect Quality and Flavour foods.
- To promote the Know-how of food Craftsmen.
- To facilitate exchanges beween chefs worldwide.
- To perpetuate Cultures and culinary traditions.
- To raise consumer awareness throgh education and good eating habits.
- To promote health through the assurance of healthy food regarding
chemical additivies in food products and to promote natural seasonal
- Not to compomise by means of new methods which are liable to generate
a health risk of to alter the taste of foods.
- To make a commitment in favour of correct labelling and informations to
give consumers relevant information needed to make responsible choices.
- To protect World Culinary Heritgage in its diversity, origins and typicality.
A permanent presentation in brussels at the service of our common caue, enables us:
- To have a greater presence within the World institutions.
- To act directly with decision-makers and politicans at the world level.
- To take part directly in the networking of privileged contacts with the
Commissions, the Council of Ministers, the World Parliaments.
- To coordinate the actions of our world head offices.
We take part directly in the Work of:
The World Parliament Intergroup on Traditions-Quality.
Consideration of specific issues concerning traditional methods and quality.
- Game laws,
- the defence pf selling cheeses made with raw milk,
- the introduction in 1992 of an AOP/IGP list of traditional and specific
- the defence of real chocolate made with cocoa butter and its labelling.
- the character of confidence with producers and suppliers.
Code of Honour
"World-Toques is an World association of world-toque star-chefs.
The objective of World-Toques is to respect the diverse traditions in the countries and regions of an enlarged World.
World-Toques star-chefs maintain good relations between themselves and convey a unified image of the association to consumers.
World-Toques star-chefs guarantee a set of common principles which are shared by all members throughout World.
World-Toques star-chefs share their best practice at the heart of the organisation.
World-Toques defends healthy food based on quality products.
World-Toques star-chefs defend natural food traditional recipes, proof that diversity in World culinary heritage and the sustainability of regional products is being maintained.
The products used in kitchens are fresh and are prepared on site.
The products used are seasonal to respect natural cycles and ensure authentiv tastes.
World-Toques star-chefs advocate a diversity of flavours and a variety of ingredients. The present consumers with healthy food and contribute to a nutritional balance.
World-Toques missions include defending, infirming and educating consumers.
It is essential that the menue is a true reflection of the dishes it describes to preserve consumers confidence.
The chef must remain totally independent of suppliers.
The profession must remain transparent to ensure the food is safe and of known origin
Chefs and tradition are able to adapt to modernity. They convey a sense of pleasure and social interaction: a way of life.
World-Toques quest is to protect and pass onto future generations a respect for culinary traditions and best principles of cooking; and to work with and lobby on behalf of quality producers, to ensure that foods with real flavour, texture and taste are available now and in the future for our chefs, customers and children
The main objectices of the organisation are to:
- Protect the fine quality and flavour of food.
- Support producers of the best foods in the world, be they small artisan food
producers or large organisations.
- Maintain the traditional dishes and traditional ways of preparing and cooking
food of the relgions of world.
- To facilitate a rapport between star chefs of different countries.
- To oppose all measures with detract from the healthy production, intrinsic
quality and flavour of foods.
- To oppose the inclusion of non-food Additives for Clouring, shelf life, etc.
It is World-Toques belief that food is not just a commudity but part of our cultural heritage, the most fragile of all our heritages. Good food is also central to our health and happiness.
Who can be certified?
World-toques is an organisation of world-toques star-chefs, cooks and world-toques certified restaurants. It is open to anyone who is active in the kitchen and/or oversees food preparation. Certified cooks or restaurants do not always have formal training, but must have proven experience/background in catering. It is essential that certified cooks or restaurants have full control over sourcing of food. Certified cooks or restaurants must share the ideals and objectives of Euro-toques and must adhere to the world-toques Code of Honour in their work.
Additional Membership (at a reduced rate) is available to chef already working with a Full Euro-toques Member Head Chef.
Associate and Small Producer memberships are available for approved companies and suppliers.
How do I join?
A chef or restaurant who wishes to join World-Toques must adhere to the Euro-Toques Code of Honour, stating that they will promote the use of fine quality food und donīt use convenience foods or products which have been adulterated or are undesirable for consumption.
Please submit the application form, along with the following information:
CV/Details to background/experience.
You may also choose to submit a Cover Letter stating why you wish to join World-Toques.
Your application must be sponsored by an existing certified World-Toques.
Each application is then passed by the Head Office for approval. The decision of the Head Office on all applications is final.
On acceptance of your application, you will receive a certification scroll outlining the code of honour to be framed and displayerd in your place of work.
World-Toques outdoor wall plaques are also available for certified chefs and restaurants.
World Community of world star-chefs and certified world star-restaurants
First Name:_________________________ Surname:___________________
Establishment Name & Address:____________________________________
Please circle where you wish to receive correspondence: Work / Home
As part of your application, we require the following:
Up to date C.V. or list of your professional experience and qualifications
Your application must be sponsored by two existing certified World-Toques
(please insert their name and restaurant):
What`s in it for me?
- Become part of an world organisation of world star-chefs and certified
restaurants synonymous with quality.
- Have a voice in relation to important food issues as part of the World-
Toques lobby at National and world level.
- Assistance and support in sourcing the best food suppliers and producers.
- Listing in World-Toques certified restaurant guide and website.
- Receive a newsletter updatingyou on food legisltion, recent and upcoming
events, seasonal food and book reviews.
- Option to attend a variety of food related events at hom eand abroad.
- Netword with like-minded fellow chefs, cooks and restaurants.